NASA has developed a new high-tech material that uses electricity to significantly promote healing of injured wounds.
This technology is a device that uses electrical activity to facilitate the wound healing process while protecting the wound. The bandage is made of an electroactive material (pictured above) that is stimulated by the heat of the body and the pressure of cell growth, thus no external power source is required.
· Speeds the wound healing process
· Combines active healing and wound protection into one
· Slim, self-contained alternative to electrical stimulation devices for accelerated wound healing
· Minimizes infection and related complications (e.g., illness, amputation).
- Military personnel wounded in the field
- Hospital patients who have undergone surgery
- General patients who have suffered a serious wound
- Astronauts in space