Each and every activity of our life is totally controlled at our level best through our brain only. Everyone wants to make maximum use of it and it is said that each one of us has almost the same brain except for few extraordinary cases. Indian mythology and scriptures are full of anecdotes related to brain control and its improvement. Today also we all on our own in general and for our children in particular want to improve for a smart brain. Many market products are being sold with selling strategies to improve the human brain. Science related to the improvement of memory through brain training is called lumosity. Through practice, it is said to be possible to wake up the brain cells. Broad functionalities of brain can be categorized into three main activities i.e., memory, body communication and decision making ability. Memory is an ability of the brain to store, retain, and recall information and experiences.
It is true that one can train his brain for his goals by a customized brain fitness plan with targeted exercises designed to achieve a brighter and healthier brain to reach its cognitive potential. One can start by concentrating and developing the five core brain areas i.e., memory, attention, speed, flexibility and problem solving.
Memory: scientists have even tied memory to general intelligence and many skills involve the use and improvement of memory. Targeted brain training can exercise and thus improve each and every one.
Attention: landmark studies have shown that attention training has a meaningful impact on the ability to perform well on tests, at sports, and in other visually demanding activities. Better attention can also improve ability to filter out distraction, thus increasing productivity at work and home. Research shows our cognitive exercises improve specific abilities related to attention.
Speed: exercising of mental processing speed can help to think more clearly and quickly, improve reaction time, and increase alertness and awareness. Brain speed training can help to become sharper at work, school and throughout life. Speed includes a variety of cognitive skills that well-designed brain training can enhance.
Flexibility: flexibility training can make multi-tasking a breeze, help to articulate thoughts better, and give the discipline to resist temptation. Getting better at flexibility can help to improve precision, cognitive control, and even creative thinking. A variety of flexibility exercises can help to work out flexible thinking skills. Pick the flexibility skills you’d like to improve most.
Problem Solving: better problem solving skills can help to make quick, accurate decisions. Problem solving skills have a better ability to make mental estimates, comparisons, and calculations, not to mention more efficient thinking overall. Problem solving represents a diverse category of cognitive skills and abilities. Brain training can help to exercise and improve these abilities.
Brain sharpening activities:
As we exercise our bodies to keep them healthy and fit, it's important to do the same for our brains also. Here are summarized some tips to work on to make our brains smart.
- Move the finger to improve the brain.
- Learning is a way to continually sharpen the mind.
- Get organized in every activity of life. The process of organizing will clear the mind.
- Think, visualize and memories the activities at hand as and when the brain is free.
- Be creative in your approach of learning.
- Increase the base of knowledge. Ask questions using the "who, what, where, when, why, how" formula. Then go deeper with questions.
- Play with numbers and math for their use in everyday life activities without the help of calculator. Play board games, charades, and word games. Any games that force you to use math and language skills are tapping into those areas of your brain that may need some stirring.
- Play with words through crosswords and word jumbles daily. Learn a new word a week. Visualize the word being filed in your mind and review it from time to time. Keep track of the words.
- Recite the lesion forward and backward up to proficiency.
- Occasionally, handling tasks with non dominant hand is one of the exercises that also sharpens the brain.
- Read more books and try to understand the lesions.
- Boost your creativity. Take up a hobby that forces to think outside the box. Make certain to incorporate the newly acquired information into lifestyle.
- Give the brain serious tasks.
- Stimulate brain acquity with self massage.
- Use music for the Brain
- Eat Right to Think Right